Monday, February 9, 2015

Hey there again! I just realized I never said what my name is. I'm Summer! I'm a five year old golden retriever mix, my mom was a retriever but I can't seem to remember what my dad was. I've heard some humans call me a mutt but it doesn't bother me because my people always say they love me and that I'm my own pretty breed. They always gawk over me when I'm laying in the sunlight, which feels so warm and amazing on my fur. But enough about me, I have a story to tell. Alright, so there is this bone my people gave me one morning. I think this day was special because everyone gathered around a tree that had been inside the house all month and they opened these boxes and there was a lot of hugging that day. Anyway, they gave me two bones! These bones were the bomb, I loved chewing and licking them so much but I was just so worried about someone hiding it that I had to beat them to it. So, I would play with it for five minutes or so and then I would sneak away while they weren't paying attention. I have the best hiding places by the way, and I have a specific technique in making sure it's not noticeable. I find the perfect spot, I dig at it until it's ready for the bone, and then I place the bone in the spot and push in down or in as far as my nose or paws can reach. Then I push things on top of my bone, like clothes or towels laying around. Then I rub my nose around that spot to mark my hiding spot. After that, the job is well done and I trot back into the room with them and lay down in a corner so they don't notice me suddenly appearing from another room. You'd think that bone would stay untouched for months but what do you know, an hour later one of the minis have found the bone and taunt me with it. And so the cycle repeats. Sometimes I must underestimate their attention or intelligence, and every time they prove me wrong. This is another reason why I love my humans. They're just the right amount of fun, but they don't play around when it comes to finding my bone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment